To switch from one operator to another send the following text PORT mobile number to 1900.
- You will get an eight-digit alphanumeric code and expiry date for it. This is the unique porting code.
- Approach service provider you have opted for with unique code.
- Carry address, ID proof/ photograph/ application form with unique code and mobile number.
- Complete this process within the expiry date that came with unique code.
- Operator will take request to mobile portability clearing house.
- Clearing house will get your number deactivated from existing provider and activate new one.
- You will then get text from new provider mentioning date and time when phone will go through a no-service period.
- when switching of service providers will happen. Phone will be out of use for couple of hours between 12pm and 5am.